Overheating again.

I

Igorian

Hi, My Potterton Statesman Flowsure is overheating when using DHW. The water runs warm for a time and then cold. The temp guage on the boiler runs to max and then it cuts out and then has to be left for a while to cool before I can reset it. Pressure looks ok (1 bar rising to 1.25bar when hot), expansion vessel appears normal (gas from valve when checked), no air in rads. Boiler bleed points vent boiing water when opened.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
baxpoti said:

I've had a look at the pump, by undoing the nut on the front. It appears to be spinning, but I had expected some water to leak out, which isn't happening. It was very hot though. :cry:

If this indicates that it's stuffed, where would be the best place to get one as they look like they are reasonably easy for diy replacement.

Most domestic pumps will fit

Grundfos 15/60 from B&Q

Sponsored Links
just to check (not that I know about these things) I recently had a problem with primary water not circulating round the cylinder in my mother's house; found it was because the water levels in the circuit were low and did not reach the cylinder coil. this happened to be because the ball valve in the F&E had jammed, though when it happened in my own house, it was because there was a black sediment blockage in the F&E pipe.

I discovered the low water level by trying to bleed the highest radiator, and finding it had no pressure.

I presume that if your pump is jammed it won't heat the radiators either.

Just a thought.

edited: Mine were not combis though :oops:

Ok, it's fitted, vented and working. DWH appears to be ok after running a couple of baths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back