Overkill and wasted cash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it any wonder why this country is in a financial mess when money is wasted like this:
Near where I live is an old Cornish copper mine, thro' the valley where the copper was dressed is a small river. Last year youths broke down a small section of river wall and diverted the river across the valley floor causing major damage to the archaeology and flooding the valley. I E-Mailed the County Archaeological team and following this up last week after nothing had been done this was the reply:

It is ‘in hand’, issues include the fact that it lies within a SSSI so requires Natural England consent; involves a waterway so requires Environment Agency consent; lies within a Scheduled Monument so requires a full Scheduled Monument Consent application and as a final tick requires the official sanction of the Heritage Lottery Fund before the Project can spend any money.

Twenty minutes whilst nobody’s looking to move the stones and divert the river – an age of writing reports, making applications and paperwork measured in inches to get permission to repair it – half a day to eventually fix the problem!

Gaining the Scheduled Monument Consent is the current priority and best estimate is that English Heritage are likely to consider the application in the next couple of months so hopefully we should be able to sort it out before the end of this summer.

Nothing is ever as easy as it should be – but we’re getting there and I haven’t forgotten it

[/color
Four quangoes to build 2 metres of river wall, all materials other than the mortar are there. While all this waffle is going on and lord knows how much money being spent the damage is getting worse.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What I`ve been saying all along :LOL: Country is doing the 2 step ----- Two steps behind Greece :LOL: :LOL:

Back