Ovia Inceptor Nano bulb replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I thinking of replacing some existing blubs in a series of downlights in in our home and replace with a set of wifi enabled bulbs and would appreciate some advise please..

The main reason to replace with wifi enabled bulbs is due to the placement of the light switch which is not practical for daily use.

The actual lights appear to be OV5400CH5CD, but Im not sure if or how I can extract the actual bulb? Does anyone know if this is possible and how I would go about this?

2x photos of the light and also model number to

Light.JPEGBulb.JPEG

Thanks for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
Thats an integrated LED fitting, there is no lamp that you can remove.

Opinions on this way of doing things vary, if designed well with good thermal design and the LEDs and components in the driver not run hard, it should last a very long time, butif it does fail you have to replace the whole thing. With and LED in a can there is a chance it fail far quicker due to thermal issues with everything crammed into the footprint of a GU10 lamp and jammed in a can, but when it does, its a 2 minute job to grab a new lamp and swap out

Thanks, much appreciated.

So my only option is to either replace the whole fittings (assume not cheap to replace) or move the switch to a more convenient location...

Thanks again..

Sponsored Links
Is this any help? Not used them myself, but could be an option to do what it sounds like you want to do:

Thanks for the options, both of which I need to explore to understand more ...

In thinking about the zigbee solution - I stumbled across "Aqara Smart Wall Switch" that appears to not require a neutral wire? (but does require a hub) and wondered if anyone has any experience?

Thanks again..

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in following up on this thread. I have purchaed the aqara 2 gang zigbee switch (without neutral) but would appreciate a little more help after inspecting the original swithc

The original switch, is a 2 gang switch (operating the kitchen lights and an old external light) and has the following wiring?:-

Light switch 2 Gang.jpg

However the aqara smart switch only has L, L1 and L2.

Smart switch.jpg

Would I just join the COM wire together in the new switch in L leaving L1 and L2 going to the respective terminals?

Thanks for any help offered.

Last edited:
Would I just join the COM wire together in the new switch in L
If both lights are on the same circuit then you may as well although just one of them would do.
If NOT on the same circuit then no, the switch is not suitable.

leaving L1 and L2 going to the respective terminals?
Yes, to the respective lights.

Hi thanks for the replies, I managed to make it work, as above - the 2 red wires (Live) to L, and each black cable to the the relevant L1 and L2.. Great solution to my problem.

Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back