Advice needed please to replace bulb in downlighter....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a couple of bulbs in the downlighters in one of the rooms (something I've never done before)and although I've removed the metal/plastic outer fitting, I cannot remove the bulb. There are 2 sets of springy things on either side of the bulb and very little space to get a firm grip on the bulb to twist it etc.Any advice on removing the bulb would be a great help(I've attached a photo of the bulb fitting - sorry for the poor quality of the pic). Thank you.

Patty

Sponsored Links
Hi

I cannot see a retaining clip but thanks for the link to the bulb removal tool....looks like I may have to buy one.

Patty

The suckers are very help when you have close fitted lamps, it is possible to remove this without, with slight upward pressure on the lamp and a quarter anti-clockwise turn the lamp should then drop.

Sponsored Links
Very simple solution....get any gadget with a rubber sucker on the end which you can grip. I used the gripper of a car sunblind which has a piece that the blind then grips. I detached the sucker, stuck it on the glass front of the bulb and turned the piece of the sucker I could hold and simply turned the bulb (as I was able to apply a little force to it). Bulb unlocked instantly. To put the new bulb in, I simply stuck the sucker to the glass on the new bulb, inserted it into the hole and turned it to lock the bulb in and detached the sucker! Job done in seconds!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back