How to change bulb on bathroom downlight?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'd rather hope that at 44 being able to change a bulb wouldn't be beyond me, however...

How in the name of all that is holy can I change a blown bulb in one of my bathroom downlights? I've released the fitting from the ceiling but it appears to be a sealed unit with no way of removing the bulb. When I take the two screws out at the back of the fitting, I can move the bulb with the flex but still can't see a way of getting to it. I've tried twisting and prising different parts but don't want to force something and break it!

Attached is a photo of the unit, and the screws that I can remove. I'd be very grateful of advice on how to do this please.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

Sponsored Links
Likely that is a sealed LED lamp.
There is no bulb.
Just a built in led.

If I am correct you have to buy a whole new unit.

SFK

Sponsored Links
Integrated led fittings are easy for the tradesman who fits them, but for the user, just buy a downlight with a separate, changeable LED lamp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back