Bathroom downlight - with changeable bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone recommend some downlights for the bathroom. I had a look and most of the bathrooms ones in screw fix seem to be integrated units, but I would like one where I can change the bulb as I am to sure on soft-white or daylight!

One will be in ceiling above shower and the other three not. Does it need a minimum IP rating?

Sponsored Links
I use Knightsbridge.
Depends on ceiling height but I would use ip rated anyway

Sponsored Links
Below 2.25m. from finished floor level in zones 1 and 2 must be at least IPX4 and - in zone 1, suitable for that according to the manufacturer.

Above 2.25m is outside zones so no restrictions.

Thanks for the responses guys!! Really appreciate it. I decided to go for an integrated unit in the end as I needed it on the day and I am sure I will get used to whatever light to is.

For anyone else looking - local places had them but the only good ip rated one I could find in the bog stores/sheds was aurora in toolstation.

I'm more annoyed at how much time I spent looking at downlights!

Warm white, unless you like a relaxing soak in the tub in lighting that makes you feel like you're in a laboratory

Warm white, unless you like a relaxing soak in the tub in lighting that makes you feel like you're in a laboratory
yeah - I noticed that most integrated are 3000k which doesn't seem as warm as the 2700k soft lighting nor as blinding as the 4000k cool white

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back