Downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently had fitted fire rated downlights, (bulb is fully integrated, so need to change the whole unit rather than the bulb type)

The bezel trim is a swapable type Chrome, white, brushed etc, the maternal is a plastic PVC, and personally dont think these look great.

Is this the standard type that you get these days, I am used the the older style with is a solid metal trim with changeable bulb. Is there any where you can get the bezel trim as a better material other than plastic PVC.

Had a look online but hard to tell what the Bezel material is and doesnt state. Really looking for any knowledge or recommendations on this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There’s no universal bezel. They are all supplier and/or model specific.
Your best option is to contact the maker’s support office.

Hi

Thanks, understand there is no universal bezel I am wondering if most of these style of downlights are now all plastic PVC trime bezel, or can you still get a metal solid finish trim finsh. I am not after a specific fitting for the ones I have, as I would look to replace them all.

The issue just now is getting to actually see the downlight at suppliers, hence asking the question on here.

Photo attached the bezel with this is a plastic/PVC, are most downlights (integrated) this material of finish or can you still get the old metal solid finish?

Attachments

• product_2500987651_01.jpg
    product_2500987651_01.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Afaik you can still get fixed bezels where you just specify your colour, I thought there was only 2 or 3 makes that you get the bezels, seperate, some even supply about 3 with them.
More likely on Gu10 fittings rather than sealed lamp units.

I suppose now the fittings run cooler they can get away with plasticky crap, quality of most lights has plummeted unfortunately

Sponsored Links
Am in the process of converting a dozen downlighters from 12v to mains voltage.

Initially looking at fire rated downlighters at around £40-50 each with integral lamps.

Found Luceco lampholders on Screwfix for £1.50 each, can use existing cut out, just needs old transformer removing, plus new flex and earth lead.

I reckon I’ve saved a grand doing it myself and have retained the original fittings.

Blup

New LED's, a saving there as well.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back