Ip65 downlighting replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Due to corrosion on the bezels I need to replace the downlighs in the bathroom.

they’re on a dimmer, I’m not sure if it’s just the lamp that needs to be dimmable or if the fitting needs to be capable too?

Looking at replacing this:
F57B32B4-422D-4188-AD7E-3B6B0FBAAF4A.jpeg

With something like this:

Using the same gu10 lamps in the current fitting.

That is unless anyone can point me in the direction of brushed chrome bezels that will fit the current ones or a better alternative unit?

Sponsored Links
Due to corrosion on the bezels I need to replace the downlighs in the bathroom.
Ok.

they’re on a dimmer, I’m not sure if it’s just the lamp that needs to be dimmable or if the fitting needs to be capable too?
Yes, just the lamp - but if new ones contain LEDs you will need a compatible lamp/dimmer combination.

Looking at replacing this:
Is above the bathroom your property? If yes, then you don't need fire-rated.
Is the ceiling more than 2.4m from the floor and/or the lights away from the bath? If yes, then you don't need IP65.

That might give you more choice.

Using the same gu10 lamps in the current fitting.
GU10 is just the pin arrangement; the lighting arrangement is different - LED as above.

That is unless anyone can point me in the direction of brushed chrome bezels that will fit the current ones or a better alternative unit?
There are some available; I have no details.

Where is the cover that fits over the cables and connector block, and if you find new bezels make sure you re terminate them, there should be no single insulated cable ( brown,blue and cpc ) showing outside of that enclosure

Sponsored Links
Where is the cover that fits over the cables and connector block, and if you find new bezels make sure you re terminate them, there should be no single insulated cable ( brown,blue and cpc ) showing outside of that enclosure
Also, I do not see a CPC (earth) conductor at that downlight terminal. It is important for the earth to be continuous from supply to the last light, even if the downlights themselves do not need an earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back