Bulb change on halogen downlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think they were from B&Q originally. I want to put in a new bulb but I can't see how to get at the fitting inside. Most pictures of these downlights seem to have little clips to remove the reflector but mine don't, so how can I get at the bulb? Can I replace the 50W halogen bulb with a low-energy type? Do they make these?

Sponsored Links
they could be 240 v gu10 lamps, in which case you should have a little rubber plunger with them which will hold the lamp as you twist.

In the incredibly unlikely event of you having lost the little rubber thing, items like these can be useful:

PMO3151.jpg

Not sure that Mrs 40 Watt would be too chuffed if I got one of those :LOL:

But more seriously, depending on the downlight type they could either have the whole lower surround piece unscrew, or just the centre section, or as mentioned before just the bulb unscrews.

Can you post a piccy of the light ?

Sponsored Links
She looks like a sensible and intelligent woman - I'm sure that Mrs 40 Watt can trust her to have more discernment than to get involved in anything untoward with you, and indeed to use that fork in a way you'd rather she didn't should you ask her to do anything untoward....

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back