GU10 Energy Saving Bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought two 11W low energy Megaman GU10 bulbs to replace a couple of 50W halogens that have blown in my kitchen. Although the lampholders aren't fixed, I can't get the bulbs past the springs which hold the outer fitting in place (i.e. the bit that clips to the underside of the ceiling).

Does anyone have a link that they can post for replacement chrome fittings that will definitely accommodate these larger bulbs?

Failing that, I guess I'm going back to the money-burning halogens.

Sponsored Links
I had this problem recently but managed to overcome it by bending the tabs for the springs outwards very carefully.

I had this problem and also bent the tabs, however this is a tenous business as the fittings are cast aluminium and they break off very easily so beware. :(
check out the Sylvania Myriad 4 downlighter range with deep housing, i have used these and they look very smart :idea:

Cheers lads - I guessed that might be the answer.

Tried bending the tabs and managed to get the bulbs to fit - but only just. I'm assuming a snug fit is the best I can manage?

I don't dare bend the tabs any further for fear of snapping them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back