Pacific Flush Valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an issue with my toilet where water is leaking into the toilet plan. I opened up the cistern and it has a Pacific flush valve similar to this picture

pacific.gif

There are no external leaks between the pan and cistern and the water only starts to leak when the water level reaches the holes near the bottom of the flush valve assembly so the problem has something to do with the large rubber doughnut shaped ring that's attached to the blue part.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber washer without having to replace the whole valve? If its not possible to get the rubber seal, which replacement flush valves can I get that are easy to fit without having to take the cistern off?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Sponsored Links
Try these:http://www.shop.lunns.net/flush-valves-nproducts14curpage-2-14-c.asp. They are obsolete now and aren't cheap!

£52 for a replacement? :eek:

Might as well replace the whole cistern with that amount! I guess I will have to replace the valve with a different type that is available. Do all flush valves come in standard sizes? Any ideas as to which flush valves can replace the Pacific type?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have 2 of these buggers in a box - 2 brand new cartridges and 1 entire valve - any use? Mine failed at the cistern seal, so I had to strip the loo anyway and put a fluidmaster in instead.

The new parts I bought from Lunns..heh..so they're what you've looked at. As I say, unused and sat in my utility room.

Hi

I have an issue with my toilet where water is leaking into the toilet plan. I opened up the cistern and it has a Pacific flush valve similar to this picture

pacific.gif

There are no external leaks between the pan and cistern and the water only starts to leak when the water level reaches the holes near the bottom of the flush valve assembly so the problem has something to do with the large rubber doughnut shaped ring that's attached to the blue part.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber washer without having to replace the whole valve? If its not possible to get the rubber seal, which replacement flush valves can I get that are easy to fit without having to take the cistern off?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Where did you get your replacement from and what did you buy ?? How much was it? Was it easy to fit?? thanks

Hi

pacific.gif

Thanks in advance

Rob

I have 2 of these b*****r in a box - 2 brand new cartridges and 1 entire valve - any use? Mine failed at the cistern seal, so I had to strip the loo anyway and put a fluidmaster in instead.

The new parts I bought from Lunns..heh..so they're what you've looked at. As I say, unused and sat in my utility room.

Do you still have these parts? I would be very interested in one if you do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back