pactron water heating controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my son has a flat with a PACTRON MICRO 7 PLUS WATER HEATING CONTROLLER, which regulates white meter electric heating. Because the electricity was off for about a week, he reckons the batteries have run down. Does anyone know how to reactivate the batteries now the electricity is back on? He thinks it must be some sequence he has to follow.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont know the answer but has he tried calling the manufacturers? Wishful thinking that there is a way of reactivating worn out batteries.

Usually a supply interuption just gives dodgy batteries the excuse to fail completely.

As a matter of interest why was it off for a whole week????

Tony

Hi Tony,
He thought the batteries were rechargeable, but maybe not. The flat is empty, he is renovating it, and when the new kitchen was being fitted, an electrical socket seemed to be faulty and the circuit fused. As he was having to be at his day job, he put the electricity off for safety until he could get it fixed.
Sara

I'd be surprised if they had batteries, when there's that buzzy stuff available. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Chris, I think the batteries are there for backup in case of power failure to maintain the clock and timer settings.
Sara.

I imagined you thought that, but I can think of several other ways of doing it, and wouldn't have designed it with batteries.
Even with batteries, it should only forget the time, not fail to function

I realised you had misspelt the name.

Most have back up batteries in spite of what Chris suggests. They are to hold the program but the way they are configured if they are failed you get no operation at all.

Usually the unit has to be replaced.

As a matter of interest why was the power off for a week?

Tony

saramac said:
Hi Tony,
He thought the batteries were rechargeable, but maybe not. The flat is empty, he is renovating it, and when the new kitchen was being fitted, an electrical socket seemed to be faulty and the circuit fused. As he was having to be at his day job, he put the electricity off for safety until he could get it fixed.
Sara
Tony, he is a nurse in a Glasgow hospital, works shifts and could not get back to the flat for a week, between nights shifts and other commitments.
Sara.

Hi,

I've also got a Pactrol Micro7 Water Heating Controller. It was in the house when I moved in. However, it does not appear to do anything. When I opened it up it appears to have been wired in incorrectly, pins 1 and 2 are not attached to the two spare blue and brown leads, the blue one is labeled "2" the brown is not labeled. The unit appears to have been deliberately bypassed as the cable out to the immersion is connected directly to the power inputs of the controller.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can you direct me to a site that does. The Pactrol website simply states that the product is no longer in production.

Help Please!

Bruce

Hasn't the thought crossed your mind that it may have been bypassed because its stopped working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back