paddling pool in oversite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - at risk of sounding like a daft female... I am currently building a kitchen extension, and are at the stage of 8 courses above dpc.
Concrete slab over dpm in, and waiting to lay final screed over cellotex 'til the end of the build.
Problem is the oversite level sitting 4" below dpc, so we have created an impromptu paddling pool!
Do any of you clever bods have tips and tricks to get over what must be a common issue - but I can't find any info on the web? Or is it a bucket and sponge job for several tedious hours (only to watch it fill up again whenever it rains)?

sorry if i'm wasting your time with a really stoopid post ...mind you, you know what us southern diy'ers are like...:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Knock a hole through into the cavity and let it drain into there.

It'll soon dry out.

thanks for speedy response! Unfortunately dpm lapped up walls and overlapped with dpc as building regs required - so cant knock a hole without ripping through dpm!
Any other ideas without having to buy (rent wud end up being too long term and so too pricey) a puddle sucker?

If it is such a nuisance then bail it out with a bucket.

We use tile adhesive buckets as these are easily flattened to accept more water.

Or cut the dpm and knock a brick out then repair the dpm.

Sponsored Links
Any reason you can't just siphon it out ?

Might not be fast , but costs nothing and no energy of any type required .

get 2 short lenghts of garden hose and siphon it out as mentioned above. that's we did last year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back