paint and tester pots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to paint an old teak effect, non varnished tv table after recycling it into something else for a little girl. I have a shade of pink in mind and when i went checking, found the price for a large tin quite scarey! I only need a small amount so thought i would buy a couple of tester pots to find my shade but I can't find any in gloss, only emulsion. I am new to this lark and have read that I should use a water based primer, then a one coat satin paint etc but I cant find the quantity i need. can anyone offer a suggestion please
thanks
mags

Sponsored Links
I don't think you can buy anything other than emulsion as a tester pot. Some manufacturers do a 750ml tin but most will be a minimum of 1 litre.

The other problem you have is teak is a hardwood and you will get very poor adhesion with little longevity if you don't prime with aluminium wood primer. Gloss also should have an undercoat, satin and eggshell are self undercoating so more coats required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back