Paint Bubbling on Wall recently Insulated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I recently got Cavity block insulation. In the last while I have noticed the paint is starting to bubble on the exterior gable wall in two areas. The first place is above my staircase about 4ft from floor level and randomly up to about 5ft.
It is also starting to occur in a small area of my dining room which is adjacent to my hallway where the staircase is at about 3ft above floor level.
The bubbling got worse after a bad evening of rain, several small bubbles appeared five foot up wall in aforementioned hallway.
However it hasn't rained in several days but is very cold now and some more bubbles have appeared.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Firstly, I don't know anything about insulation.

However, I have heard people talking about certain types of cavity insulation leading to damp and condensation problems. Somehow, moisture is tracking or wicking through the insulation, and appearing as damp/mould on internal walls. Perhaps, as air movement in the cavity is restricted by the insulation, condensation becomes a problem.

The empty cavity is for two reasons. Firstly to prevent heat loss by trapping air, as in double glazing. Secondly, it allows some movement of air within closed areas of the building fabric. Filling them with insulation prevents the air movement.

Perhaps someone on this forum has more info.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I recently got Cavity block insulation. In the last while I have noticed the paint is starting to bubble on the exterior gable wall in two areas. The first place is above my staircase about 4ft from floor level and randomly up to about 5ft.
It is also starting to occur in a small area of my dining room which is adjacent to my hallway where the staircase is at about 3ft above floor level.
The bubbling got worse after a bad evening of rain, several small bubbles appeared five foot up wall in aforementioned hallway.
However it hasn't rained in several days but is very cold now and some more bubbles have appeared.
Any ideas?
sounds like the plague!!! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back