Paint clumping on sandpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so the problem is that I am trying to sand back some paint on some drawers as after painting them and the wardrobe they live in, the space was a bit too tight and the drawers stuck.

Sanding them back should help but the paint just clumps on the sandpaper and clogs it up. Anyone got any tricks to avoid this? The paint was Wickes Matt durable.

69C775AB-842D-49C6-877E-C735BA2A8598-24758-000024E9B9CFEB86.jpg

Sponsored Links
No it's very much dry. Been dry for days!

I think it's something to to with the fact that it's 'durable'

Sponsored Links
modern low VOC paints seem very bad for that. Maybe if you give it another couple of years it will go harder.

Well if lumpy sanding is the price to pay for not getting high on paint fumes, it's probably worth it.

Ironically, I'm now sanding it, making dust and probably inhaling some of it (despite mask)

I find that giving the sandpaper an occasional quick scrub with a soft wire brush helps :)

Probably down to the paint formulation, anything that was remotely decent, is now a thing of the past, due to EU regulations.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back