Paint-Dulux or???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the stage on a new build to paint walls etc. Wife has chosen colour schemes from Dulux.

Question is is there a place where you can buy paint in bulk for a discount price?

Also is Dulux a good paint, or are there better makes out there. My mate has told me about a firm called Leyland who will match any of the Dulux colours

Any advice appreciated ;)

Sponsored Links
Most firms will match most colours. You wont go wrong using Dulux, it's better than Leyland. As for a discount, that's anybody's guess. :confused:

I have found that dulux is the best quality paint, I will use no other. :D

Dulux or Crown are the only paints I use. Never, ever think of using the sheds' ownbrand stuff - waste of time and money.

Sponsored Links
Agreed with all here...go to a dulux trade centre for the paint...tell them you want to open a cash account

And something that hasnt been mentioned...make sure you buy trade paint and not retail theres a big difference

I would rather use Leyland (even though I think most of it is sh*ite) than any of the retial paints by the big manufacturers

Go to a Dulux Trade centre at your peril - open a cash account - and you'll still end up paying more than if you went to B&Q !

Why?..the trade paint in the sheds is always a lot dearer than B an Q

10 ltrs Dulux Trade vinyl matt @ Dulux Trade centres £41.20 :eek:
B&Q - £28.98

With an account should only cost about 22 quid

But centres do vary i spose

I doubt it, 20% at the most, but - try it and let us know.
If you use Dulux trade all the time then how much do you pay?

Growler said:
Go to a Dulux Trade centre at your peril - open a cash account - and you'll still end up paying more than if you went to B&Q !

Thats right, cause all you get is 10% off for cash, then they whack on the vat, whereas if you go to B&Q, the chances are you will save money, plus there is no vat on top.

Growler said:
I doubt it, 20% at the most, but - try it and let us know.
If you use Dulux trade all the time then how much do you pay?

20 for 10 litres of white

About 15 5 litres vinyl matt

9 for supermatt

undercoat and gloss..approx 17 for 5 litres

Glidden is a good and cheaper alternative for emulsions...dont bother with the u/c and gloss though...worse than leyland

Checked B&Q, sell Dulux white vinyl matt for £28. Got a special on now in my local store, 7.5l of Dulux rich matt for a tenner!

Also 20% off all paints now till 20th.

selfbuildy said:
Checked B&Q, sell Dulux white vinyl matt for £28. Got a special on now in my local store, 7.5l of Dulux rich matt for a tenner!

Also 20% off all paints now till 20th.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet!...

Be careful with comparing though...rich matt is a retail paint

Hmm I dont get such a good deal at brewers nowadays, depends on gallonage or literige nowadys lol. Find I have to negotiate too much lately, and thats with an account of at least 15 yrs when they first arrived in our town.
Our local b&q /homebase dont do TRADE dulux, soo have to go Brewers etc, 10ltre dulux trade matt cost me 35 :( . When I get a meaty job, afraid I do travel to a warehouse (11 miles) as I do find trade cheaper at warehouse, always been like that I think. But I dont go for the retail as it dont go so far as trade, and of course sundries like knotting, well try asking for white knotting at b&q :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back