Paint for stair tread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wood staircase which is narrow leading up to the loft. Is there a paint that can be used to paint the treads rather than carpeting etc. I am sure I have read of a paint that can be used for such and is hardwearing and slip resistant?

Sponsored Links
There are non slip floor paints out there but they are normally for industrial situations, thus they are normally grey, green, red or brown

Allthough ive got a feeling Johnstones may do a clear

There is also a gritted strip you can buy (youl have to have google for it) its not particualry nice looking but it does work well

http://www.protectakote.co.uk/index.htm

Found a paint that has rubber granules and sounds ideal non-abrasive impact resistant etc and in white...when I get time i'll enquire what it costs? I wonder if you get it on your skin you turn into michelin man...at least I can bounce up the stairs instead of down them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back