Paint mudding in the corners!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No matter how hard I try I seem to get the vinyl matt mudding in the corners,

The architrave against the wall.

I get the small mudding cracks as though the paint is too thick, I have tried thinning it down but still no luck, and putting it on nice and thin.

I have used a decorators calk first, and on some I have used a flexible one, should I use a flexi one? Why do people use them? As emulsion does not really flex…. What ones do the pros use please (brand and link if you can.

So really I am stuck between using a flexible or not?

I have even tried to use a thinned down oil base first then go over it very lightly with the emulsion …ggggggggrrrrrrrr and have even waited a few weeks after calking

Any methods and advise please

Darren

Sponsored Links
Its probably doing it becuase the caulk is thick and is slowly drying..

Ok glad you replied...

what about all the other questions... flexible or not? when to use?

is there a brand you really like?

I did try letting it dry for a few weeks..then a little oil based thinned down.. nib it down and a thin coats of emulsion.

Darren

Sponsored Links
There isnt a non flexible caulk,,thats what its designed for really.

Cant really say about which brand the trade use, theres so many and people have their favourites, but IMO leyland/mangers stuff is crap.

Polycell do a decent one

I would rake out whats there, and fill it again, if its a big gap, more than say3-4 mm id go for traditional filler.

Most caulks can be overpainted after and hour...but thay dont mean they are dry..it just means they have skinned over enough.

Do your caulk and leave it a week if thats possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back