Paint not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, on Saturday I removed black mould from the ceiling of the bathroom and then repainted the celing with Crown Bathroom paint. The paint has dried in all areas except the corner on the outside wall where the mould was very bad and ceiling had gone yellow. Its now Thursday and that patch of paint still isn't dry.
Could it be that the ceiling is too saturated from condensation/damp? Or could it be a leak from the roof? Or should I have done something else prior to repainting. Not sure what to do next and clearly waiting for it to dry isn't working out so well. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How did you remove the mold, was the ceiling 100% dry before you painted it. You'd only know if there was a leak by looking in the loft. A primer would probably have been a good idea.

Used HG Mold remover. Wiped surfaces down with a paper towel after then painted directly on. With hindsight I realise I should perhaps have waited longer but even so would have thought the paint would dry by now given the heating has been on for days.

Good point about the primer, no I didn't think to primer first :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back