Polycell Crack Free Ceiling Paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is this stuff any good? I've just bought a house and it was built in the 30's, some of the ceilings have quite a few hairline cracks in them and they all need repainting, what is the best thing to do? Can I just paint this stuff over the whole of the ceiling, let it dry and then use a quality finishing paint (Dulux) as a second coat?

Also, I've bought some supermatt for the newly plastered (plasterboard) walls, they've been drying for some weeks now. Can I just paint this Supermatt on, then wait a few hours and paint the Dulux/Crown Matt 2nd coat over it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have done a similar thing to you.

1928 house with original lath and plaster ceiling (I think), had textured paper on when we arrived.

Stripped that off, filled the larger cracks, i.e. wider than hairline, sanded smooth and then painted a with polycell crack free ceiling paint. One coat was probably enough but added a second just for good measure.

Looked ok just as it was, a brilliant white, but we wanted a softer white so painted over with B&Q Antique White. Done two rooms like that so far and they look really good. Will do the rest in a similar way as we work through the house.

It is not the easiest stuff to paint on though, quite thick and coverage per tin is not great - one tin was enough for a 14ft x 12ft ceiling - I used a roller and had a sore arm and shoulder afterwards but the result was worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back