Paint peeling or ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got my hall stairs and landing replastered, let it dry for about three weeks and painted it, i used decorators chalk in the gaps between all the wood work and the walls, but some of the paint or decorators chalk is starting to come away from the wall, is there any way i can stick this back into place?
look at these photos

//www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php?album_id=6083

Sponsored Links
I cant see your pics; but sounds like the caulking has been applied to dry plaster..(often happens) I either mist coat first then caulk or dampen area with a sponge before caulking otherwise the plaster just dries out the caulk without sticking.
if its peeling and unsightly afraid only way is to scrape/chisel/knife away offendind caulk and redo.. You'll peobly find it comes off in strips leaving a band of bare plaster.

i was hoping that was not the case, as i have no paint left and to buy another tin would cost me £45, could i stick it down with some sort of glue till i next redecorate it?

i was hoping that was not the case, as i have no paint left and to buy another tin would cost me £45, could i stick it down with some sort of glue till i next redecorate it?

sounds like a dulux trade cd colour 5lt? you might be able to buy 1ltr in some colours. (mixed range)
Not able to say about glue never done that.. maybe go over with new calk nozzle just barley cut to allow only a thin thread of caulk out and place nozzle into the cracked between caulk and plaster. Possible with patience just ? ;)

good luck.

Sponsored Links
Did you paint the gloss onto the walls much. It look's like the emulsion has been painted over the gloss next to the casings, this may have caused it to lift like it has. B&Q mix 5 litres Dulux for £32.90. They will mix single Litres in any colour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back