PAINT REMOVAL ON WOODEN FLOORS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help with the best solution to remove small dried undercoat and gloss spots from laminated wooden floors. Previous owner of house did not believe in covering floor up before painting)
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Strangely enough my wife left me with these to clean up the other day (women!!! :evil: ). I just used my finger nail to scrap 'em off once they had dried.
On larger areas I've patiently done the same but then used white spirit on a cloth to rub off the remainder, then immediately clean off with a damp cloth a couple of times and then dry the area with kitchen roll. Had ours down 5 years and it ain't done it any harm.........yet!!! :confused:

a sharp stanley knife blade will scrape most of it off(used with care)and then white spirit,ive just done it!

Leave a warm wet rag over it for ten minutes then pick at it with your nail (finger, not toe)

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for all the suggestions. I shall try all of them as I have plenty of spots to practice on!!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back