Paint roller advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon All,

Would anyone be so kind as to offer some advice regarding what roller and equipment I should invest in please? Up until now my philosophy on painting walls has been … buy a cheap roller & tray and slap the paint on until the wall is a different colour. I am about to decorate our bedroom and I want to make a half decent job of it so I’m going to invest in some decent kit and try to do it properly for a change.

I’ve had a look and I’m thinking I’ll get a scuttle, an extension pole and a decent roller with decent heads – BUT there’s so many to choose from!

For this particular project I have two newly plastered walls, two blockwork walls that are already painted and a painted ceiling to cover so any advice as to roller heads (foam/pile length/etc) would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
For a house project I wouldn't go top end Perdy, you would get the use or value from the excessive cost.

If everywhere is big and open then a large roller gets the work moved along. If it's Dado rails, picture rails and stuff with more edging I tend to use smaller rollers.

As you know smooth rollers are for totally flat surfaces, mid pile cover textured papers and long pile raised textures such as Artex and rough brick or block work.

Harris would be my suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back