Painting a commercial kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I'm painting a commercial kitchen soon and am looking for suggestions on products, mostly paint.

Its in an old chapel and surfaces are either brick or some kind of plaster. Hasn't been done for a very long time - well over 8 years. There are lots of the old paint coming off so there will be a lot of stripping back to the bare brickwork/plaster. I'll probably have to repair some of the plaster too.

Once prepped I'll be applying a sealant first where I've gone right back to the brickwork/plaster, followed by an exterior masonry base coat and then smooth top coat as it has to be both water resistant and easy to clean - it also gets cleaned once a year with either a steam cleaner or a high pressure water spray.

I'm also considering getting a powered sprayer I can use to both clean it and spray the paint on - there's around 160 square metres surface area and above head height (its around 6m high) it is THICK with grease! If I use sugersoap I'll be looking like the Hulk once I've done!

Any suggestions on products etc very much appreciated.

cheers,
Dave

Sponsored Links
I've used zinsser all coat but it aint pure white, more light grey/blue, can be tinted though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back