Kitchen Cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I know this has been asked many times before but I don't think anyone has been quite so specific.

I am planning on painting my laminated/melamine kitchen currently a fake wood colour to a shaker style cream.

Having researched all the available options I just wanted to see if there were any expert opinions anyone could offer. Firstly I will fully clean and degrease all the painting surfaces then give a coat of international wipe on primer. Then hoping due to the size of the kitchen that i can spray on a coat of international melamine primer, then again hopeful spray 1 or 2 coats of international melamine paint.

I really do want the finnish to be as perfect as possible which is why I think a wipe on primer and then a melamine primer would be good because the surfaces to paint are just going to be too large to sand everything down prior to painting. Does anyone agree this would be ok ?

Also im planning on buying or hiring a paint spray gun so I can achieve a stroke/roller free finnish but is melamine paint and primer ok to put in a sprayer ? can any paint be sprayed ?

Please if anyone can help answer my questions it would be much appreciated.

I will keep everything upto date with pictures and any product changes.

Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back