Painting a driveway...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was thinking about painting my driveway as a cheap way of sprucing it up.

This is what the driveway looks like:
driveway.png

So it has a lot of stones mixed in with the concrete and its a kind of sandy colour.

Is this type of driveway suitable for painting and if so does anyone have any paint brand/type recommendations?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
About the only thing good enough for car wear would be a 2 part epoxy such as you would find on warehousing floors.

I wouldn't recommend painting a drive due to staining, tyre marks and the finish being very slippy when wet or snowy.

That enquiry is certainly a new one for me, never heard of people painting their driveway .

I did one a few weeks back, used a driveway paint made by Thompsons, it was £15 a gallon from B&Q. Went on quite well really. Drive was similar, different bits of concrete.

Sponsored Links
Having painted warehouse flooring years ago the non slip technique was to paint, spread with sand, dry, Hoover, reprint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back