Spray paint concrete driveway and external walls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating a 70s house and have used a pressure washer to clean the concrete driveway.

While the result is an improvement it's still a bit patchy and you can see the aggregate mixture (top mix?) is different from one section to the next - also the aggregate/top mix stone is black which gives the concrete the appearance of worn bitumen - or a currant bun :).

I had thought about using a water-based concrete paving paint (from Berger) to provide an even colour and to match the drive to the (newly painted) colour of the house.

The concrete is not very smooth (although it is level) so I don't think it needs etching but I wonder how effective the paint would be on the black stones?

I also need to paint external walls surrounding which are reasonably sound - can I use and airless sprayer for both jobs or would you suggest a roller given that it tends to be windy here?

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt paint it mate once you have done it once you will have to do it every year if your worried about the patchy colour difference why not self level it all? or skreed it not that i know much about things like that butt you would be much better paying that little bit more and get it done nice and tidy than to be buying paint every year or so and painting it all, if you do go for painting it i wouldnt use a sprayer use a decent brush and a deep pile roller and a good decent floor paint ;) dont touch burger i used it this week its what the customer bought its a load of **** :evil:

i wouldnt paint it mate once you have done it once you will have to do it every year if your worried about the patchy colour difference why not self level it all? or skreed it not that i know much about things like that butt you would be much better paying that little bit more and get it done nice and tidy than to be buying paint every year or so and painting it all, if you do go for painting it i wouldnt use a sprayer use a decent brush and a deep pile roller and a good decent floor paint ;) dont touch burger i used it this week its what the customer bought its a load of s**t :evil:

Thanks for the tips - we're preparing the place for sale so the maintenance issue is not really a problem (or not OUR problem ;) ).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back