painting a room all white

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am thinking about painting my room walls all white i have pine bed and drawers just wondering if anyone has painted there walls all white before dont want to do it and it to much

Sponsored Links
Paint them in the colour called "White" instead of doing them in "Pure Brilliant White"

"Pure Brilliant White" is like a Hollywood actor/es spent a fortune on my teeth white. "Briiliant White" is a softer white compared to "Pure Brilliant White". Also, "White" is the softest of the three mentioned. Therefore i would recomend "Pure Brilliant White" & "Briiliant White" in a kitchen or bathroom. However, i recomend "White" in a hall, livingroom or bedroom. In other words all three White's are different colours.

Sponsored Links
Theres nothing wrong with any coluor scheme...if you like it then its fine go by that and dont ask others for their opinons on colour its all down to personal choice.

You wouldnt ask someone if they though a blue suit would look better on you than a grey one would you...or should you buy beige trousers and not pale green..

Asking a decorator (and papergirl!) :p about colours is no different to asking anyone else...we arnt really experts..we just have opinions.

Its a bit like asking a fishmonger if YOU would like the taste of cod

Taste is an individual thing...follow your feelings

My personal opinon about a all white room is

Im not saying! ;)

If you have children or pets don't bother, your white walls will soon be dirty and scuffed. Our whole house was white, after a while its an extremely depressing environment to be in.

Zampa said:
Theres nothing wrong with any coluor scheme...if you like it then its fine go by that and dont ask others for their opinons on colour its all down to personal choice.

You wouldnt ask someone if they though a blue suit would look better on you than a grey one would you...or should you buy beige trousers and not pale green..

Asking a decorator (and papergirl!) :p about colours is no different to asking anyone else...we arnt really experts..we just have opinions.

Im not saying! ;)
GO ON & JUST TELL US ! :LOL:

Aaaaaawww...all right...

I dont like it..I dont like white much anyway.. :oops:

But..with the right furniture, fixtures fittings...light source etc it can look great..

Just not for me though

And you?... :rolleyes:

'Asking a decorator (and papergirl!) '

OI you, watch your back matey!

Your not to big to chuck on the floor you know! :LOL:

Zampa said:

Im not saying! ;)
why did you answer why not say nothing goin on abar cod and everything idiot

Mate of mine's just bought a flat in one of those fancy developments in Manchester and everything's lined and done in white. Looks O.k. ....just O.k.

My old mum's lounge is done in white on top of Supaglypta and that looks good. I think it looks better when painted over a Supaglypta/ blown viny type paper for some reason, rather than flat walls, but........

like Zampa says...it's all down to personal choice.

philipcooper said:
Zampa said:

Im not saying! ;)

why did you answer why not say nothing goin on abar :confused: cod and everything idiot

eH eH eH!..CALM DOWN! CLAM DOWN!...

Ok...seeing as we are on first name terms,...I was trying to give you a similar situation..an analogy..I wasnt being flippant, just trying to explain it in a different way

You asked for opinions...so I gave mine.

It wouldnt matter if you whole world said yes paint it white...if you dont like it, you dont like it end of...and vice versa...theres nothing wrong with any colur scheme...its all down to you and whether you like it or not.

Its your place and you have to live there....idiot

Now now boys, no name calling its not nice, if you dont stop it Ill make you both stand in the corner! :LOL:

Especially you Zampa, your not to big to................... ;)

Zampa said:
philipcooper said:
Zampa said:

u go on and on and on why dont you jsut answer the question in your opinion i know ppl have different opinions i was asking your.a short simple answer but u have to go on abar fish hahahah

Im not saying! ;)

why did you answer why not say nothing goin on abar :confused: cod and everything idiot

eH eH eH!..CALM DOWN! CLAM DOWN!...

Ok...seeing as we are on first name terms,...I was trying to give you a similar situation..an analogy..I wasnt being flippant, just trying to explain it in a different way

You asked for opinions...so I gave mine.

It wouldnt matter if you whole world said yes paint it white...if you dont like it, you dont like it end of...and vice versa...theres nothing wrong with any colur scheme...its all down to you and whether you like it or not.

Its your place and you have to live there....idiot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back