Painting advice needed

26 Apr 2020
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi people

Need advice had my house painted decorator done a average job

I have two questions .

First is on the bedroom wall there was paint spots which I got rid off and I used a brush using the same tin of paint and covered the spots . In one area there is a sheen . It's Dulux paint . Shall I go over with a roller using a small amount of paint as a roller was used initially

Second question . The decorator painted my staircase banister gave undercoat and used oil based Dulux satinwood
The banister is very unsmooth with paint spots . What grit sand paper and what type of roller. Also will I need to give a undercoat again or can I just go over with the satinwood

Advice appreciated !
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local