Painting corners with rollers and not getting bits on the wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20170409_185112.jpg
20170409_185052.jpg
When u paint an external corner ( like in picture) is it best to run the roller over the corner then run a brush down the corner or take roller up as close as possible then run a small brush down?

On small spaces where u can't use a big roller. Best to use a mini roller or brush (as in pix)?

Keep getting little bits from bucket on roller then on wall. How u stop this?

Sponsored Links
Give the paint container (tin/scuttle/tray) frequent sprays of water mist to reduce the likelihood of the paint drying.

Additionally spray your rollers.

Sponsored Links
When u paint an external corner ( like in picture) is it best to run the roller over the corner then run a brush down the corner or take roller up as close as possible then run a small brush down?
You don't normally need a brush for external corners, you can just roller over them. But if so, brush first, roller second.

On small spaces where u can't use a big roller. Best to use a mini roller or brush (as in pix)?
Yes to get a more uniform texture on the walls.

You don't normally need a brush for external corners, you can just roller over them. But if so, brush first, roller second.

Yes to get a more uniform texture on the walls.

Sorry do u mean a brush or roller in small spaces or both?

And surely if u roll over the corner it leaves a paint residue which needs taking off with a small brush?

Sorry do u mean a brush or roller in small spaces or both?
Sorry, I meant small roller.

And surely if u roll over the corner it leaves a paint residue which needs taking off with a small brush?
Not sure what you mean. What residue? Are you talking about a corner with two different colours on each face?

Sorry, I meant small roller.

Not sure what you mean. What residue? Are you talking about a corner with two different colours on each face?

I mean when the roller runs over the corner it leaves paint on the corner tip. This needs taking off maybe with a brush

I mean when the roller runs over the corner it leaves paint on the corner tip. This needs taking off maybe with a brush
That shouldn't happen if you don't have too much paint loaded on the roller. Spread it on the wall first, then do the corner as it starts to thin out -no need for any brush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back