painting doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i have many large doors in my house that need painting, they are all new, painted in white and i am painting them with eggshell.
the problem i have is that every door i paint, i paint the the edges with a brush and then role the centres they look good until i catch them in the light and see that the door has bits all over them.
i think i cleaned the brush properly and the roller was new, i painted late in the evening when i had hoped the dust had settled.
could anyone advise the best way to paint the doors and is there anything i can do with the door i have just painted, other then rubbing down and starting again
Ivanm

Sponsored Links
did you use top quality tools? spending money on paint and save on tools would be unwise. have a look at www.diypaintbox.com for good tools (set2 in your case). with regards to doors done...either you repaint with one more layer deluted a bit more or completely start all over.
why not save doors etc till daytime (even if it means weekends!)

if you used a new roller sleeve, then that is probably the cause. They shed bits of fluff untill they have been washed a few times. i usually use a sleeve that has been used in emulsion for some time and washed several times before i put it in oil paint.

Sponsored Links
if you used a new roller sleeve, then that is probably the cause. They shed bits of fluff untill they have been washed a few times. i usually use a sleeve that has been used in emulsion for some time and washed several times before i put it in oil paint.
thanks every one for your help
Ivan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back