Painting Fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me please??

I have a cream polished stone fireplace (not overly glossy) which I want to change to a white (or whiter) one. Should I paint it? Not sure what sort of paint I'd need, ie masonry? heat resistant? a primer and normal wall paint?

Or, will this end up being a disaster? What about lime washing??

I've been googling loads to get some ideas but can't find anything. Most websites refer to brick fireplaces?

Any thoughts you have would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Kat

Sponsored Links
Try a spray can of multi surface paint. I'm not going to guarantee it, but it's my best suggestion to date.

I'd recommend Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Plus as a high grip primer followed by a suitable topcoat of your choice. Personally, I've always used oil based eggshell for fireplaces but, if going white, you need to research whether any oil based topcoat you choose will yellow. Many manufacturers have improved this problem but some still yellow badly. Alternatively, a water based/hybrid topcoat can be used, but these can mark much easier than oil based products.

http://www.zinsseruk.com/product/bulls-eye-1-2-3-plus/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back