painting glass again.help pleeasseeee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL:

as per a previous post,painted the outside of my aquarium with humbrol gloss(number 14)

then spent five hours over the next couple of days scraping it all off.it looked well rubbish.
was far to light in places and the runs showed through as really light.
another coat did not improve this one little bit.

what did i do wrong?
i cleaned the glass,didnt prime it(how can you in my situation)and took my time and it looked awful.
want to have another go,when its done properly it looks far better than aquarium backing.

please help me this time :D

Sponsored Links
Probably because it didnt have enough coats..

doh :LOL:
was it that obvious,i did give it another coat but it didnt improve it,so off it came

lol...use a foam radiator roller to give you a nice even finsh.

Sponsored Links
You can get a better finish with the 4" mohair rollers, more expensive but they don't produce the wee bubbles you often get with the foam ones

You can get a better finish with the 4" mohair rollers, more expensive but they don't produce the wee bubbles you often get with the foam ones

Good point...I forgot about those ones.

One thing to remember when painting glass is that you put the top coat on first and the undercoat second. Thats how the sign writers used to do it on shop windows. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back