Painting internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all,

I recently had all seven of my internal doors replaced with new six panel woodgrain effect (hollow core) doors which I purchased from B&Q.

They came pre-primed and ready to paint. I've spent most of the weekend painting them with Dulux Trade Satinwood paint.

I noticed on the instructions that the doors should be painted 'within' 3 days of hanging them. I had mine fitted on Tuesday but only started painting them yesterday.

I know I'm only a day or two 'late' but wanted to ask whether I should be ok?

Sponsored Links
The problem with cheap hollow doors is they often have nothing glued internally so moisture causes them to bow mid door, you take them back and they refuse replacement because you did not seal promptly.
They may be fine , I had to replace a dozen or more which I painted before hanging but all still bowed.
I used satinwood on mine but found it not to be hardwearing and yellowed quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back