Painting kitchen and bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey im new to the forum.
i've read some of the previous posts on the kitchen and bathroom paint and wondered is it really that bad? i was thinking of getting crown kitchen and bathroom paint but after reading about how bad kitchen and bathroom paint is and read about crown paint giving off bad smells im not sure its as good as it seems, also i was going to go for the crown paint as they advertise it has virtually no smell but can you recommend something better for the kitchen and bathroom?

cheers Ant

Sponsored Links
Ant17 said:
Hey im new to the forum.
i've read some of the previous posts on the kitchen and bathroom paint and wondered is it really that bad? i was thinking of getting crown kitchen and bathroom paint but after reading about how bad kitchen and bathroom paint is and read about crown paint giving off bad smells im not sure its as good as it seems, also i was going to go for the crown paint as they advertise it has virtually no smell but can you recommend something better for the kitchen and bathroom?

cheers Ant

If customers want an eggshell finish, I prefer to use Dulux Trade Quick drying eggshell. I found the retail K&B paints quickly lose their edge resulting in flashy finish and brushmarks, difficult to brush out and if applied too heavily the face will skin but underneath will sag.... Q/d has a little more ''open time'' IMHO.

Though I've painted quite a few bathrooms in matt emulsion...no probs.. ;)

Specific bathroom & kitchen paint is just another avenue of revenue for the paint companies. Eggshell is perfect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back