Crown Kitchen & Bathroom Mouldguard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bought a tin of Crown Kitchen & Bathroom Mouldguard to paint my kitchen but even after stirring it seems really "watery" and I'm finding it hard to get any sort of passable finish with it. It is going onto lining paper but is so streaky its unusable.

Am I missing something obvious here ? Is there any method or tips that I should be following ?

Thanks in advance

djw

Sponsored Links
I have only used it when customers supply their own paint and you are right that it is fairly thin compared to others. You often need to apply a few coats to get a decent finish, especially if covering a contrasting colour.
I tend to stick to Dulux Diamond Eggshell in kitchens and bathrooms which is even tougher.

You really think that do you, whilst I am not a lover of Crown paints they are in general terms both high in opacity and offer good coverage.

djw

If your paint is reacting in this way it is often a sign that the paint has reacted within itself causing a breakdown of either pigment, or binder. This in turn will tend to leave the solvent (in your case Water) standing alone. My advice would be to take it back and ask for both a refund and reason.

Let me know how you get on

Dec

I agree with Dec. Frost damage will cause that fault. Crown Solo is an amazing paint.

Sponsored Links
Yet again the trolls strike. From 6am to midnight they sit and wait.

Nobody said that Crown is poor paint, only that their Kitchen and Bathroom paint is thinner than others. Obviously neither of you have used it.

You two enjoy your little love-in.

See you DIYNOTers - it was great here until a few weeks back!

mrH. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back