kitchen cupboard paint won't stick to caravan cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of an emergency here.
We are off in our caravan in just over a weeks time for a weeks holiday & decided to paint the inside of our van a light colour to make the van feel lighter & brighter.
Thought i would buy the ronseal kitchen cupboard paint & even bought crowns version - both different colours.
Both state to rub the cupboards down with 200 grain sandpaper to give a key. This i did but the paint doesn't stick. Have had to apply several coats very slow going.
Costs nearly £20 a tin for 750ml - thats 3 tins we have bought.
Any tips on how we can get a good coverage, would it be worth me applying pva to the units in a hope that the paint will stick to that better?. I appreciate that it is only a laminate in caravans so not really a porous surface. Anoyed that i have spent so much on paint so far with little progress & the £60 on three tins will certainly not do the whole van.

Any help much appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly stay clear of pva, google up esp primer thats what you need.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back