Pine cupboard doors - Ronseal or Dulux/Crown?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weve just looked in B&Q today at paint and liked the Ronseal One Coat Cupboard paint in lemon, but it says Melamine/MDF on the tin, but our cupboards are pine with matt varnish. After cleaning and sanding gently can we use this Ronseal after using proper primer, or is it only for melamine and MDF without priming?
Dulux or Crown doesnt seem to have the colour we'd like, but Ronseal also says its only medium hard wearing. Which is most hard wearing? or is it best to add matt varnish to add more protection?

I know theres been questions already posted about kitchen cupboards but the Ronseal Q in June didnt really help me!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
not familiar with the ronseal product you have mentioned. i had a pine gloss varnished cupboard in bathroom that i wanted to paint white. i sanded with 400 grade wet and dry and applied 1 coat of zinsser BIN primer then johnstones aqua white undercoat and gloss. done it about 2 years ago and still looks fantastic (no chips or yellowing).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back