Painting lots of woodwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all pretty new to this decorating stuff trying to do bits in my house to save paying someone to paint as we have just had quotes of 2k to paint all the woodwork upstairs.

We have recently had new wardrobes built these are MDF just after a idea on the best way to go about painting them.

I have sanded down all the skirting and architraves and doors these I guess are pine but have some remaining varnish on bits I cant get to so would I need to prime then undercoat then finish.

We just want it white but have been told so many different stories about not using gloss to use eggshell then don't use eggshell use something else I am getting a bit lost.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We just want it white but have been told so many different stories about not using gloss to use eggshell then don't use eggshell use something else I am getting a bit lost.

You are describing the finish of the paint. You can choose any finish you like. What people are trying and fail to explain is not to use "oil based" or "solvent borne" paint as it yellows fast. If you use water based it does not yellow.

You will need a primer for MDF (and perhaps undercoat too). I can offer no advice on what primer to use for MDF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back