Painting on Lining Paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just finished lining paper 1400 on all the walls in the house. I am now planning to paint them. I've read the best is to use Matt Emulsion. But we did that at my fathers and i dont like the chalky feel on the paper and it also stains very very easily and is not removable. Is there any paint that would give a smooth feel (without the shine) and also be wipeable to easily remove stains.

Any help would be appreciated....

thanks

Sponsored Links
what you used sounds like flat matt emulsion. Try a trade vinyl matt emulsion in Dulux or crown etc. This will give you some degree of wipeability. You can also try Dulux Diamond Matt this is quite pricy and can be a bit of a mare to apply first time around. It is very good and you can wash the walls down with this gear on it. another choice would be Crown Clean & Extreme, it does everything that the Diamond matt does but is cheaper and easier to apply IMO. Good luck

Soft sheen..its in between matt and silk?

dont like the chalky feel on the paper and it also stains very very easily and is not removable. Is there any paint that would give a smooth feel (without the shine) and also be wipeable to easily remove stains.

I Like Farrow & ball estate emulsion, the brush/roller marks flow out beutifully leaving an almost flat finish. but colurs may be an issue and not sure about it's durability from family fingermarks etc, usually best to keep a bit from the job and touch up, I usually take with a pinch of salt the claims that emulsions are scrubbable.
[/quote]

Sponsored Links
thnx for all the replies guys....i think i might try that crown extreme scrubbable....i've seen the prices of dulux diamond and its not cheap. has anyone else used crown extreme matt, any feedback would be nice. thnx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back