Painting onto heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have had new radiator pipes fitted in my living room. I am not planning on boxing these in whatsoever. I would prefer to paint them with exactly the same emulsion that I am putting onto the walls.

What should I paint onto the pipes fisrt so that the emulsion will stick ok?

The reason I want emulsion is that I just want the pipes to blend into the wall nicely, rather than painting with metal paint or gloss that will end up too shiney or I just wont be able to colour match.

Many thanks Shaun.

Sponsored Links
I didn't think emulsion was heat resistant? Why don't you just buy gloss in the same colour as your wall colour? We have all our heating pipes visible in our appartment, and we've simply painted the pipes in the gloss to match the walls and it looks great. You hardly notice the pipes....

Any new copper pipes should really be treated first with Calcium Plumbate to etch the copper. Then any paint can be applied over the top. If you just paint with oil paint or emulsion the pipes can turn green as it reacts with the copper.

im am plumber and i believe it should be a criminal offence to paint my pipes.
The times we have to try and get 5 6 coats of paint of a pipe emulsion and gloss so we can solder the damm things.

I say no.no.no

Sponsored Links
im am plumber and i believe it should be a criminal offence to paint my pipes.
The times we have to try and get 5 6 coats of paint of a pipe emulsion and gloss so we can solder the damm things.

I say no.no.no

Is that why plumbers charge so god damn much ? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back