Painting the exterior of a cast iron bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am getting a new bathroom suite fitted next week and need to paint the exterior of the cast iron bath.

I have been onto the webiste where I got the bath (heritage) and it says that you need to sandpaper smooth, prime the bath and then emulsion in your colour preference. However when I have visited several DIY stores they have all told me not to use emulsion over the primer as the primer is oil based paint and emulsion is water based therefore it won't take.
:?:
Can anyone help as I really need to get it painted before it gets fitted. I am really wanting a matt finish on the bath rather than a high gloss. Does anyone know if a paint that will do the trick?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you really want a matt go for flat oil...available at most trade paint places..dulux certainly do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back