Painting Oven!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This kinda seems a bit strange but I need to repair some of the surface area just below the dials/controls of my stand alone oven. This area is white plastic. Well it's metal covered in a thin white plastic paint from what it looks like. The plastic enamel has come off and the metal under is showing through and it looks awful.

Is it possible to re-apply this enamel? I want the finish to look like plastic again and not just "paint".

I'm not lookinf for an amazing finish, just so it's not obvious. This part of the oven doesn't really get hot so I'm gussing it doesn't have to be heat-proof?

Can anyonepoint me at a suitable product? Whenever I google for plastic paint I just get paint that you can put on to plastic!

Cheers.

Here's a pic of the damage.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/photogvu.jpg/

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply and the website. That looks idea. Which one would you recommend though as it says on the appliance one that it should not be used on cookers?

Thanks again.

Didn't spot that, you'll need to go for a high temp paint in that case. Given that you've said that bit doesn't get too hot you might want to chance it and see how you get on?

Sponsored Links
Could you please let us know how you get on with it as I have a similar problem. Also wondering if I should use high temperature paint. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back