Painting over PVC windows, fascia, soffit..which

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to change my PVC fascia, soffit and windows from white to anthricite. I have seen a product online, ronseal upvc paint which also has a primer in it to save having to prime first. Has anyone used this product before. I can't seem to find any reviews online apart from one on screwfix that only has one star.

Any recommendations on what brand to use if this ronseal isn't great.

Sponsored Links
With a primer, you can then use any paint. You would be painting the primer and not the PVC.

With a primer, you can then use any paint. You would be painting the primer and not the PVC.

Yes I know but ronseal sell an all in one. Wanting to know is it decent. It's a big house so it would save alot of time

If you don't get an answer, then maybe try a sample pot if they do one. There are likely more reviews about primers on uPVC.

Sponsored Links
I'm looking to change my PVC fascia, soffit and windows from white to anthricite.
I'm not an expert but I would suggest caution.

I have heard of problems with window frames bowing due to the heat absorbed by a dark coloured frame rather than reflected by a white frame.

I believe that windows originally manufactured with an anthracite finish may have additional reinforcement to reduce the bowing.

Hopefully one of the resident window experts will see your post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back