Painting over wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a room that has been decorated with plain wallpaper which has been painted a pale yellow colour but having had a radiator and shelves removed some of the wallpaper was ripped so I have replaced the ripped paper with plain white (the same as what was previously on the wall). So some wallpaper is yellow and some is the newly wallpapered white. If I put an undercoat on all the walls and then put a pale mocha colour paint on will the wallpaper that was painted pale yellow come out a different shade?

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't do. You just need to make sure you put enough coats on to ensure nothing shows through.

regards

fred.

Thanks Fred, am cementing into lawn as I tried it without cement but as I have a dog the lawn is a bit bumpy and like a mud slick when it rains!! The rotary has gone a bit wonky so will try cementing it in. Also, thank you for replying to painting query email.

Brindle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back