what paint do i need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the process of painting my kitchen walls so i decided on a vibrant color like peppermint or a pale vivid blue.the problem is when i paint a small sample on the wall the color is completly different?i'm using matt paint to not highlight any surface inperfections.the wall is covered in wallpaper but has been painted white in the past.
any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pale vivid blue, that's a new one on me! Personally I like two contrasting colours, go to you local paint stockist and ask what they have in the chequered or tartan paint range :LOL:
Seriously though, you just need to get a few match pots, and plug away. Don't forget that the colour you see in the shop, may not be that representative due to the different lighting conditions. Similarly, colours that you can get away with in mediterranean countries, often very vivid colours, can look awful over here again due to the different light conditions. A bit of a case of suck it and see.

i have seen spotted paint (it was white with yello and blue dots) i have also heard of tartan fibreglass (it can be done, but layer by layer)

Sponsored Links
have seen in B&Q that they do a benetton range of paints that are the same color on the wall when painted as the paint left in the pot.not cheap though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back