painting pine table and chairs....disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help...I started my project 6 months ago. I prepared my table and used Zinsser BIN on the legs, leaving the table top pine. I then think I undercoated with Johnstone's dark grey exterior undercoat for wood and metal. I then top coated with Leyland Trade eggshell mid sheen for interior wood colour matched to Farrow and Ball RAILINGS...The table legs have turned out just how I wanted them and it looks great. 6 months later I decide to renovate the chairs. Again I prepared with Zinsser BIN. Then using the same undercoat and top coat I have a disaster. The top coat won't stick to the undercoat and the stretches that have are shiny. Not mid sheen like my table legs? I've tried a patch test on the legs of the table. ie top coat onto top coat and that has also dried shiny. I thought that maybe I should have applied my topcoat after the Zinsser leaving out the undercoat? what could have gone wrong. how can I rectify this. Don't want an inexpensive project to take my eyes out

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back