Painting Roll Top Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new acrylic roll top bath which i want to paint the outside of can anyone tell me what paint is best to use.

Sponsored Links
Maybe automotive paint with a plasticiser.like they used to do on Reliants :eek:

Thats a good idea...could be good when painting fibreglass utility boxes too

Did you ever try using car paint on your bath? Was it a success?

I have a shiny new (brilliant white) acrylic bath which I want to paint but she'd murder me if I ruined the thing before she's even used it!

Any advice based on your experience?

Sponsored Links
Your lucky to get a reply on here at the best of times...nearly 4 years down the line I really wouldnt hold your breath.

Well, I'll just reply to my own question then (a little sad perhaps, but it might help some-one sometime): I took the bath along to my local (car) bodyshop and it's been resprayed. He used the same techniques as he uses for respraying plastic car bumpers. I don't know how it'll last in the long term but it's pretty successful so far.

Exellent ;) I never did get round to spraying anything myself - let us know how it lasts - no reason not to have a long term thread :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back