Painting Rubber Floor Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the 'knobbly' rubberised type of floor tile in our bathroom, sandy colour with black flek.

They look very dirty and discoloured in places (not always on the walked on areas), and I can find nothing that will clean them up.

I was thinking of using floor paint to tidy them up, so can anyone recommend a suitable make.

I can find many for use on wood or concrete, but nothing for rubber tile.

Regards

John

Sponsored Links
You have two issues here..one paint sticking to the rubber...two paint being durable enough to walk on

There a probably a few paints out there that will stick ok to to rubber..and obviously loads of floor paints

But none that I know of that will cope with both issues unfortunatley

You may be able to use a paint thats suitable for rubber (probably an expensive industrial finish) and then coat it with a floor paint..but that may give you the added problem of compatability of the two coatings..

Id have a guess at trying a floor paint straight onto the cleaned floor..but I think it will be a short term solution.

Maybe I need to look at a better method of cleaning.

Just spent a few hours cleaning with diluted bleach then hot soapy water, and they do look a bit better.

Are there special cleaners for rubberised tiles?

Not that I know of...but there might be some types of industrial stuff out there..normally hotwater detergent and a stiff brush will do the job.

Sponsored Links
Holts Tyrewall Black :idea: That`ll stick to rubber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back